Monday, December 29, 2008

Recharging batteries - a wet week in Devon

Rob and family in Tenby and me and the family down in Devon, both drenched and pebble-dashed by the rain. However, rainy days meant a greater than otherwise focus on looking at new material.

Rob, who is not from a folk background, has just discovered Nic Jones and is absolutely blown away with his consummate skill and musicianship. He is very keen for us to attempt a version of 'Billy Don't You Weep For Me' - so, I've been working it through having worked out the basic chords.

Other material has been French Canadian. I have been paying particular attention to the work of Le Vent du Nord. If you haven't come across them, I strongly recommend their work. Occasionally they choose some odd material - but I don't know the folk scene they operate in - but they are superb musicians playing wonderful material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home