Sunday, August 31, 2008

A new baby - June 2008

Rob returned home from a family holiday in Spain with a very big smile on his face - a new addition to the family - the na-mara family! Whilst in Madrid, a city that he knows well and where he has many friends, Rob had been tempted into buying a bandourria - a ten stringed (I think) cousin to the mandolin, that is about five inches deep. It is a very sweet sound and something that we hope to build into our act in the coming weeks and months. The stringing seems very cleverly efficient but will require Rob to think in a different way when playing.

I am the indirect beneficiary of this since, space constraints at home have meant one in - one out chez Roberto. As such, my Irish Bouzouki has come home - giving me the chance to start learning it again. (Add that to the fifty things I would to be spending time on currently.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home