Sunday, October 28, 2007

Planning and playing, late September, early October 2007

We have a couple of important support gigs to do, so not surprisingly Rob and I are rehearsing a lot at the moment. The set went very well in Cambridge and, for the moment, we are going to stick to that and then, when back from holidays and business commitments in late October, then move on to the next stage in development. We are also doing quite a bit with Tam Lin - so, we are certainly very busy.

We also took the chance to meet up with Craig from our record company Rightback Records, and plan the next phase of work we might do with them. This was the first time I had met Craig, but Rob knows him very well. We had an excellent meeting in a great pub near London Bridge station and Craig introduced us to the work that he had been doing for us on MySpace. I have now followed up on this and, with the held of a friends teenage daughter, I have been introduced to the universe that is MySpace - oh, my God! What a fantastic resource. In 30 minutes, Becky helped me understand how one builds material on the site. About 4 hours later, I surfaced after pursuing some fantastic Asturian and Galician bands I had never heard of. I even sent an e-mail to Evelyne Girardon to try and make a first contact with a true heroine of mine. This is an amazing technology for exploring music. Get on there, check us out; check our 'friends' links out. Between us, over the coming months, Rightback and ourselves aim to build a much richer site, with videos etc. Old dog - new tricks, pah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home