Sunday, April 15, 2007

Letchworth and Baldock, 4th April 2007

It was nice to have been asked back to Letchworth and Baldock so quickly after our last visit. We were supporting Isambarde - good friends of Show of Hands, and a very impressive (and nice to meet ) threesome indeed. Rob's son Dan (remember the name - Dan will make his name in music in the future, of that I have no doubt) accompanied us and observed proceedings with gereat interest.

We did the warm up 25 minutes and, amongst other things, reprised Black Muddy River off the CD. I think we benefitted quite a bit from all the rehearsal for the appearance at Readifolk because, I can confess my concentration has been somewhat shattered because, earlier that day I had had a rather traumatic hour with my dentist wrestling with an ultimately unsuccessful tooth extraction for an hour earlier in the day. With that and a day's work on top, I was absolutely shattered, but the set went pretty well and, I'm pleased to report that the organisers moved quickly to ask us to return again and have since offered us a full booking in 2008.

For those who don't know it, this is a very nice club with a lovely atmosphere. The pub is very nice, the publican is very supportive indeed which, by virtue of leaving my bag there, I had the pleasure of seeing again after driving all the way back to Baldock the following night to pick it up.

We met a couple of people from the Herga Folk Club, which was great because that is our next port of call. We have heard a lot about Herga, and we are very excited about going there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home